Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Live streaming is not working on GoPro Hero 7 Black

[ New ]

Issue 1:

I tried to stream from my gopro to youtube, twitch, as well as RTMP and I keep getting the same error saying something went wrong - check the URL or make sure server is not down. 

Issue 2:

When I retry by getting out of the app and again go to the app, then connect to my camera, then click live and select any streaming method, I keep getting the same error without giving me an option to edit the setting and kicks me out of the camera.

GoPro

Re: Live streaming is not working on GoPro Hero 7 Black

[ New ]

Hi @bhasubhai

Do you observe the same when streaming to Facebook?

Does the same happen for RTMP streams?

Can you help us with the following information: Camera version, GoPro App version, phone, and OS version.

Can you also share a screenshot of the error?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Ej,

I have a very similar problem with trying to connect through RTMP, so here are my steps to reproduce

Model: GoPro Hero 7 Black

Firmware: Version 1.90

GoPro App Version: 7.2.1 (9743) on Android

To reproduce the problem:

1. Start GoPro app on your phone

2. Connect to your camera

3. Siwtch to the Live tab

4. Press "Set Up Live"

5. Select Other/RTMP

Now I should be able to input the RTMP settings and start streaming.

Instead, I'm presented with a "Something Went Wrong" message that tells me the URL is not correct. There are a couple of problems here:

1. I haven't set any settings at this point in time (no STMP URL and no Network) 

2. The "Something Went Wrong" message is modal, and doesn't have a "Close" button, which prevents me from entering any settings.

3. Pressing the "Got It" button on the modal brings you back to the main screen (the one before connecting to the camera)

You can find a screenshot of the error message attached. 

Thanks,

V.V. 

Screenshot_20201103-203430_GoPro.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Model: GoPro Hero 7 Black

Firmware: Version 1.90

GoPro App Version: 7.2.1 (9743) on Android

I tried around a bit and here are my latest findings,

1. I tried to stream on facebook and it works. But I had to try facebook before trying rtmp. If I try rtmp first and it gives me an error, after that no other live streaming method works. 

2. I could not stream on youtube as I got an error that I do not have 1000+ subscribers :( So, I am guessing it would work on youtube as well if I have 1000+subscribers.

3. Then I tried RTMP and it didn't work. It gave me the same error. Screenshot below. Once I get this error, nothing else works after that. I keep getting the same error even if I try to stream on facebook. I found a workaround to this problem, I removed the battery and put it back then start all over again. This does not show the error again until I try RTMP again.

So, I guess RTMP streaming is a problem with GoPro. Please let me know if anyone have found any solution.

BTW, I was trying to stream to OBS studio using a RTMP app called "Local RTMP Server" and then use VLC player as a source to OBS.

Screenshot_20201102-230954.png
Tourist

[ New ]
Hey,

I can cofirm what @bhasubhai said. I had similar results upon trying with fb and yt. In the meantime I also tried resetting my cam, reinstalling the app and re-pairing them. The error is still persisting.

Thanks,
V.V.
Tourist

[ New ]
Forgot to mention I'm trying to do this from a Samsung Galaxy S10.
Attached screenshots for the phone OS versions.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-kCr4Mj5cKU.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @victorv3361

Does the same happen if you try the camera with another phone?

Hi @bhasubhai

What phone are you using?

Can you also test this on another phone?

We'll have this shared with the team.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006  I am using Pixel 2 XL and sure I will try out a different phone. Looks like RTMP streaming from GoPro to OBS studio on Mac does not work with the current approach that I tried. The RTMP server running on the Mac never recieves any stream data and GoPro errors out in few seconds.