Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Live stream with external mic audio almost one second out of sync, also the recorded version on SD.

[ New ]

Hello to everyone!

I'm using a GPH7B with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor.

I gave the live stream a go yesterday on my Fan Page in Facebook, using RTMP (since "native" facebook stream is set to your personal profie page and not a fan page) and people told me there was a very bad delay on the sound.

Since there are no many configurations on FB's end, I tried to fix it by unplugging the mic adaptor to see if I can get good audio with stock mic, but after unplugging it, the transmission was stopped off a sudden (never hit the stop). 

So, since I was already with an audience I ran the normal FB live, and return to my SD card later to see the saved replay and I noticed that there is a .45 seconds delay in the audio.

So the problem was on both the live stream and the recorded version on my card.

Any thoughts? Has anyone experience this? Anyone could fix it?

I'm not sure if I can start the live transmission then plug in the mic adaptor, but I think I'll try it later.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Live stream with external mic audio almost one second out of sync, also the recorded version ...

[ New ]

Quick update:

The "fix" for this was to start the live withouth the adapter then plugging it. Works like a charm!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Live stream with external mic audio almost one second out of sync, also the recorded version ...

[ New ]

Hi @melomanoviajero

Thank you for sharing the information.

This has been raised to the team in charge.

We'll get this post updated as soon as we get information.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the info, aragon1006!

Tourist

[ New ]

Quick update:

The "fix" for this was to start the live withouth the adapter then plugging it. Works like a charm!

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for sharing @melomanoviajero

Let's check if that solution will work for other users.

-Jay

Adventurer

Re: Live stream with external mic audio almost one second out of sync, also the recorded version on

[ New ]
Something I could try but won’t bother