Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Live broadcasting help

I purchased my GoPro Hero 4 Session (2017) to live broadcast painting sessions. I was successful connecting via WiFi to my phone to broadcast, but this method means I am broadcasting via phone data, and it's crazy insane over the top data usage. I have an iPad that only uses Bluetooth and WiFi, and an iPhone that uses Bluetooth, Wifi and Cellular. 

tl/dr: I'm looking for help connecting my GoPro via bluetooth so I can use my home WiFi to live broadcast.

Adventurer

Re: Live broadcasting help

If I were to broadcast I broadcast over Periscope, and if I do broadcast I go to mywi-fi settings and connect to my router at home.  If I were to be outdoors at a Hotspot, I connect to that.  Since I have an Unlimited plan I got no problems being on data?  So not knowing what you want to do livestreaming from where???? and on what?????

Facebook was not allowed, so you may have broadcassted on what??????

Sightseer

Ok - so you connect to your router instead of an iOS device?

I was using my iPhone to connect via WiFi, but then to broadcast via Periscope - it used my cellular data because my WiFi connection is already being used between the iPhone and the GoPro.

I don't know how to connect the camera to WiFi without using an iPhone or iPad.

(THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP)

Adventurer

Gotcha.  ANd now understand.

guess we can not  use gopro, but use the IOS phone only