Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Live Streaming With the Hero 7

It’s definitely temperamental. Just leave the default camera name and it should be okay. Worked right away for me once I did that.
Highlighted
Tourist

After reinstalling tha App and resetting the H7 connections I successfully started a live stream connected to my home WIFI. As soon as I tried to repeat the process but connecting to my phones hotspot I get an error “you need an internet connection ,,,,,, even although the hotspot appears to be successfully connected. Once I have tried the hotspot connection, any attempt to live stream even using a WIFI. connection returns the same error. The only way I have found to fix it is to delete and reinstall the App. It has taken me hours to get to this point and to be honest I expected better when spending $600 on a camera. GoPro, what are your suggestions? What are you doing to resolve this issue? Phone is iPhone 8 iOS 12.0.1. GoPro also up to date.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Sooo.....

I can get my hero7 hooked up and working with facebook to go live.

However, the video and sound is garbage. The video is jumpy, stops and starts. The sound cuts in and out.

It is basically unusable.

Connected through phone hotspot.

Galaxy S8+ with full bars.

Tried on 2 days. The first day, streamed two volleyball sets, continuously for about 30 minutes. Had no idea it was that bad until I got home.

Tried again last night, lowering the video to 480p to see if that helped. Not at all.

What am I missing????

Highlighted
Sightseer

Please add the facebook pages streaming as soon as possible! We need to stream from page, not personale profile!!! Thankssss

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @sweetstorm50480,

Thanks for your suggestion. 

We'll forward this to our team. 

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Everyone,

Does someone know why the gopro 7 black doesnt turn around automatically up and down in livestream mode ? 

It work just fine in the recording mode but not in the streaming mode. 

Please Gopro fix this problem i can't livestream if the camera image doesnt turn around automatically (180°). 

Thanks a lot 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @br4v3heart,

For streaming it's only available in landscape mode.

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Hiker

Can we please get a button on the gopro to restart the livestream with the previous settings? It is so frustrating for the gopro to stop streaming then you have to whip out your cellphone and configure the whole thing again which takes about 2 minutes just to restart streaming with exactly the same settings you were just using,