Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Live Streaming With the Hero 7

[ New ]

Hello,

I participate in an extreme racing sport which is water based and was wandering how I can directly live stream to facebook with the hero 7 without a phone?

I am guessing I will need a wifi hotspot with a sim in it but cant find any which would be suitable in a water sport.

What are the options for this?

Many Thanks

Joe

GoPro

Re: Live Streaming With the Hero 7

[ New ]

Hello @joetarps

Very good question. The live streaming feature for the HERO7 Black camera only works with the GoPro App which means that a mobile device will need to be paired with the camera. In addition, mobile data will also be necessary as the camera and mobile device will be connected via Wi-Fi. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Does GoPro offer a way to live stream without the app?

Thanks

Adventurer

[ New ]

Two options htat ws mentioned

home wifi , and  smartphone.

GoPro

[ New ]

No, it does not, @joetarps. Even if you go the third-party method (that is, using Periscope for iOS devices), you will still need the app (Periscope, not GoPro App) which will still require a mobile device. Other members who have successfully live-streamed before also made use of devices other than the GoPro camera. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Does the app need to be open on the screen or can does it work with the app running in the background? Context: I race a car in an endurance series and would like to livestream with the hero 7 connected to my iPad mounted in the car. But, I use the iPad in the car for gauges and track map/position so obviously I would need that on the screen, not the GoPro app.
Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @snowywave5882

If your gauge doesn't interrupt the connection between the app and camera that should be fine. 

You may switch to any app once you setup live. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]

how can livestream be done on a facebook page, not on a personal account?