Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Live-Stream Audio Desync

[ New ]

When in areas of poor signal/low bitrate, the Hero 9 sacrifices the audio in my guess an attempt to keep the stream alive.

However when it does this, I figured the audio would sync back up (not be delayed) when signal/connection improved.

This is not the case currrently.

I've only managed to fix this by ending the stream & restarting. Essentially defeating the purpose.

This is a major issue as for the viewers, seeing someone talk with the words coming out seconds later ruins the viewing experience.

Not to mention having to physically stop what you are doing in order to get the stream up & going.

Context:

I do live vlogs around the city areas, often times theres concrete building etc. 

Meaning I encounter poor signal often, with the Hero 8 I would disconnect which is reasonable, however never had audio issues.

time stamp: 35:20

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/754209978?t=00h35m11s

Can we fix this? Maybe add in a "loading" screen/overlay meanwhile the GoPro attempts to resync?

Feedback is welcomed.

GoPro

Re: Live-Stream Audio Desync

[ New ]

Thank you for sharing, @nezst. We will pass your feedback along to the product team. Have you been able to observe this behavior with audio sync with other live streaming platforms or is this only true for Twitch? 

Hiker

[ New ]

I stream via the RTMP option to a private/personal server that feeds to Twitch. Its not an error on my server's end as when I refresh/restart it, the problem remains whereas with other camera/audio sources they would re-adjust.

I'll test if this issue occurs on the other designated platforrms this weekend & get back to you.

Thank you.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi, back with an update on this.

As questioned if this happens with other live streaming platforms it seems to be a yes all around.

It happened consistently with the same circumstances as mentioned prior.

I even tried to see if it was a phone issue & tested Android vs iOS with the same rresults.

This is an exclusive issue for the Hero 9, never happened with the Hero 8/7.

For now, live-streaming on the Hero 9 is too much of a liability. Hopefully this can be resolved properly soon.

GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the update, @nezst. We will forward this to the team. Thanks!