Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Lighted spot at the left of dark images on hero 7 black

Hey there. I got a hero 7 black and every time I shoot at low light area appear a weird small lighted area at the left of every photo. It’s really annoying because I have to crop it (something that I hate). It does since day one
Any opinion? It seems like a huge malfunction

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Lighted spot at the left of dark images on hero 7 black

Ok, turns out the photo has all the info there, so it wasn't stripped out.  Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see that from an ISO 400 photo, that could be a sensor issue.  

You should contact GoPro support on this one.  Be aware, the first two questions they'll ask is if you're using a recommended SD card and have you upgraded to the latest firmware.  So get that out of the way and then hopefully they can help trouble shoot the issue.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

If you could post a picture of the issue, it would certainly help with trouble shooting.

Highlighted
Tourist

7A650644-6941-4D2F-9D0F-F6C0934B341B.jpeg

Highlighted
Nomad

I'm not seeing the issue.  Can you circle the lighted spot?

Highlighted
Tourist

F4CD621C-A571-44C4-99CA-E57DEF352DE2.jpeg

Highlighted
Tourist

I accidentally uploaded the cropped one. I’m trying to load some footage that is obvious right now my friend
Highlighted
Nomad

Ah ok, yup I can see it now, the patch of almost a hint of blue light on the left hand side?

What settings are you using for the photo?  I mean, it looks like a lot of ISO noise present, but still, I wouldn't expect to see that much of an offset from the rest of the photo.   Also, have you updated to the latest firmware?

Highlighted
Nomad

Ok, turns out the photo has all the info there, so it wasn't stripped out.  Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see that from an ISO 400 photo, that could be a sensor issue.  

You should contact GoPro support on this one.  Be aware, the first two questions they'll ask is if you're using a recommended SD card and have you upgraded to the latest firmware.  So get that out of the way and then hopefully they can help trouble shoot the issue.