Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Lens water proof

[ New ]
Okay so i just got my new gopro hero 9 and i took off the lens and after i put it back on i saw a gap am i just tripping or is this an issue is it still water proof?
image.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Lens water proof

[ New ]

Yes, the camera is still waterproof with or without the lens cover on, but you'll want to make sure that water doesn't get inside the lens since that will affect the image quality. A little gap is not going to be an issue because the O-ring seal should still be in place. Check to make sure that the lens cover is on flush on all sides. If it is, you should be fine.

View solution in original post

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

With the HERO9 Black, if you press the door closed without using the latch, it will click into place when it's fully closed. To be really sure, you should also check that the inside of the door is clean and clear of any debris that might allow water to get past the seals on the edges of the door.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

Yes, the camera is still waterproof with or without the lens cover on, but you'll want to make sure that water doesn't get inside the lens since that will affect the image quality. A little gap is not going to be an issue because the O-ring seal should still be in place. Check to make sure that the lens cover is on flush on all sides. If it is, you should be fine.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Ok thanks, one more thing... how do I assure that the battery door is 100% sealed?
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

With the HERO9 Black, if you press the door closed without using the latch, it will click into place when it's fully closed. To be really sure, you should also check that the inside of the door is clean and clear of any debris that might allow water to get past the seals on the edges of the door.