Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Lens Mod Not Locking into Place

[ New ]

Hi, I recently purchased a GoPro Hero 9 with Max Lens Mod. I cannot get the Max Lens Mod to turn all the way and lock. It sounds like the metal is grinding when it is going on too which I know is not normal for a lens. How can I resolve this issue?

IMG_3388.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Lens Mod Not Locking into Place

[ New ]

The Max Mod lens and GoPro 9 lens can have some residual metal shavings on the underside, this can result in some metal grinding sounds and it being difficult to put on the first time (after you put it on the first time it gets easier to remove and put on again).

Here's a video with my solution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA_tj31GrMU

Also some people have simply blown around the fitting and lens with a short burst of an air duster and then applied a very thin film of grease or oil.  

View solution in original post

In this quick video, I show you how to solve the issue of connecting your GoPro Hero 9 Max Lens Mod to your camera. Some people have noted that this is rath...
Hiker

[ New ]

All Replies
Sightseer

Betreff: Lens Mod Not Locking into Place

[ New ]

Hallo ich habe auch das Problem....

Tourist

[ New ]

Bonjour,

j'ai aussi le meme probleme le max Lens Mod ne ce met pas dans ca position finale...

Backpacker

[ New ]

The Max Mod lens and GoPro 9 lens can have some residual metal shavings on the underside, this can result in some metal grinding sounds and it being difficult to put on the first time (after you put it on the first time it gets easier to remove and put on again).

Here's a video with my solution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA_tj31GrMU

Also some people have simply blown around the fitting and lens with a short burst of an air duster and then applied a very thin film of grease or oil.  

In this quick video, I show you how to solve the issue of connecting your GoPro Hero 9 Max Lens Mod to your camera. Some people have noted that this is rath...
Tourist

[ New ]

Bonjour,

Effectivement il faut forcer et le touirner plusieurs fois vers la gauche et vers la droite 

au bout de 6 ou 7 fois (tentatives) d'un coup le mod vas au bout,

il doit effectivement rester un copeau de métal sortie d'usine...

pour moi le problème est réglé

Cdt,

Hiker

[ New ]
Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]