Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

La Gopro Hero 9 est-elle étanche sans l'objectif ?

[ New ]

Est-ce que si l'objectif amovible est enlevé ou endomagé, l'étanchéité de la caméra est compromise ?

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: La Gopro Hero 9 est-elle étanche sans l'objectif ?

[ New ]

It's actually a lens cover to stop the actual lens from getting scratched.  The waterproofness of the camera is not affected.  Having said that, GoPro do not cover against water damage in their warranty.  It's a lot of money to spend on a camera.... so regardless of what's advertised, I would never bring my camera into the water without a waterproof case on it.  It's a cheap way to ensure your camera is not damaged in the water.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

[ New ]

It's actually a lens cover to stop the actual lens from getting scratched.  The waterproofness of the camera is not affected.  Having said that, GoPro do not cover against water damage in their warranty.  It's a lot of money to spend on a camera.... so regardless of what's advertised, I would never bring my camera into the water without a waterproof case on it.  It's a cheap way to ensure your camera is not damaged in the water.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the answer I'll apply your advices.