Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

LOST Camera - Options

[ New ]

Hey all,

I lost my camera on 11/28 and I reported it as lost on 11/29. I was informed by Support that it was logged as such and I would be notified if someone reported it as found.

Then later in the day on 11/29, someone took some pics which were uploaded to my account.. (I attached the image that was uploaded automatically to my account yesterday.)

This gave me some hope of finding it... However, I have no way of making contact with the person. (The image uploaded to my account did not have GPS data so I wasn't able to get any coordinates.)

This is an area where GoPro can HELP in a huge way... 

Ideas for improvement:

1. When a camera is marked as lost, upon calling home to GoPro, the camera should display the phone number of the owner so that the person can make contact with the person. At least give them the option to make contact.
  2. Optionally allow the owner of the camera to lock the camera and put a contact message on the screen.
  3. The registered owner should have a little more control over the device if it's recovered.

Has anyone gone through this and gotten their camera back?

Thanks!!

Sean

GOPR0147.JPG
Nomad

Re: LOST Camera - Options

[ New ]

Time to contact your local news station!

Just phrase the story to say "You believe this person wanted to make contact with the camera owners and that's why they uploaded the photo on purpose".  Now you need help finding them.

See if they'll broadcast the image and if the public can help re-unite the camera owner with this very helpful photo taker....

Adventurer

[ New ]

lost  and someone found it.  did you ever put your name on the lost camera?

Tourist

[ New ]
Unfortunately no, there isn't really a place to put something like that on the camera. Do you have your camera labeled with contact info? It's not a bad idea, but from the perspective of the GoPro product, it seems like a problem that could have a more widely useful and applicable solution.
Tourist

[ New ]
Haha, that would be awesome! Although, that chesty strap is not mine, so I am guessing this guy is playing a little game of finders keepers. I just wish I could get my memory card back.