Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: LED light don't turn off after the expected charge time

Bought a dual charger today with a new battery included.. still the same on the charger aswell as on the go7black
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi  nima-langsam. Thanks a lot for your message. Maybe you’re right...

Best regards

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi danielr15. I've tried it and unfortunately not work. Thanks for your suggestion.
Best regards

Highlighted
Explorer

Since @davidt3286 reported that he gets the same issue with the dual battery charger, it doesn't sound like a camera issue, but rather just the battery.  I actually spent some time today discharging and then charging my batteries to see if I could identify the one that originally came with my HERO6.  All of them charged to 100% and the red light turned off.  I'm pretty sure I know which one it is, as the labeling is a little different and it has the most recent date, but it works fine now.  Like I mentioned earlier, it used to stick at around 98% and the red charging lights on the camera wouldn't turn off.  This is no guarantee, but I have a feeling that these batteries will eventually work fine after a few full discharges and charging cycles.  If not, you have a one year warranty and I'm sure GoPro wont have issue replacing the battery for you.

Best of luck,

Daniel

Highlighted
Sightseer

DanielR15, I sure hope you're right about the batteries starting to work properly after some additional charging and running. It's more than a little disappointing and concerning to buy GoPro's brand-new flagship action camera (Hero 7 Black), only to have to confront these glitches that should not be occurring. GoPro, you know you should do better than this. This occurred in my Hero 7 Black from its very first charge. 

Highlighted
Explorer

@bruindoc
All I can speak to is my camera and battery and my experience. While I do feel pretty confident that it will improve for you as well, it's always a good idea to contact the GoPro support team to let them know if your issue. Not only does this log your issue and give you a reference number, it will assist be forwarded to the development team. Many people mistakingly think that by mentioning an issue here it will be responded to and addressed by GoPro. Sometimes it is, but this site is really for member to member communication. GoPro generally tries to keep a hands off approach to this site.

You can contact the GoPro Support Team here
https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

And leave feedback here
https://gopro.com/feedback