Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

LED Light don't turn off when fully charged

Hi. My new Hero 7 Black has a problem for me: when I start with charging with GoPro wall charger, enen after 3 or 4 hours the leds do not turn off. If I remove the battery from the camera and I put it in the GoPro multiple charger, its led turn on green, so I understand that the battery was charded when it was in the camera. I did the manual update of the last firmware two times but the problem did not fix.

Thank you for the assistance

Tiziano

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: LED Light don't turn off when fully charged

You are probably suffering from the infamous 'chinese battery' syndrome. To put it simply the battery needs a few charge discharge cycles. To do that do the following :-

Charge the battery for as long as you can - 2 hours will probably do.

Put the camera into a low resolution video setting (1080 will be fine)

Start the camera recording and leave it recording until A. the battery runs out or B the memory card is full. If the memory card is full before the battery runs out. Format the card in the camera and the start recording again repeat until the battery is flat.

Once the battery is flat charge again till full (or you think it's full).

repeat this 3-5 times and you will find that the battery will charge in camera to 100% and the lights will go out and you will also possbily notice that it no longer discharges as quickly when the camera is not in use.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

You are probably suffering from the infamous 'chinese battery' syndrome. To put it simply the battery needs a few charge discharge cycles. To do that do the following :-

Charge the battery for as long as you can - 2 hours will probably do.

Put the camera into a low resolution video setting (1080 will be fine)

Start the camera recording and leave it recording until A. the battery runs out or B the memory card is full. If the memory card is full before the battery runs out. Format the card in the camera and the start recording again repeat until the battery is flat.

Once the battery is flat charge again till full (or you think it's full).

repeat this 3-5 times and you will find that the battery will charge in camera to 100% and the lights will go out and you will also possbily notice that it no longer discharges as quickly when the camera is not in use.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you so much for your reply... I tried it and i solved the problem! Great!!!