Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

LEAKED SALT WATER

[ New ]

Hello im from Cebu,Philippines. I bought my hero 5 black last January 2017. Since hero 5 is already waterproof I usually bring it with me snorkeling, for the past 2 years and 5 months it was doing great, not until June 5,2019 I brought it with snorkeling for a couple of minutes it was fine shooting some clips and then suddenly camera shut down. When i check the front screen has water in it and I immediately went out of the water and tried to turn the gopro on but it wouldnt start I dried it with cloth and opened the battery and saw salt water leaking in it. And up to now,it wont turn on. i was shocked since the product is waterproof. Please help me.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: LEAKED SALT WATER

[ New ]

Hello @tenrag0117

It would be best to contact our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs so they can help with the case. You may reach them by phone or chat. When you do, have your camera information ready, as well as photos showing the water damage. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @tenrag0117

It would be best to contact our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs so they can help with the case. You may reach them by phone or chat. When you do, have your camera information ready, as well as photos showing the water damage. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

I tried chat support but it says "Chat is currently unavailable for you"

GoPro

[ New ]

@tenrag0117. May we know where you are chatting from? If you are not from the US, see if you will be able to connect by changing the location to US. See upper right portion of the contact page. Let us know how it goes. We'd love to hear back from you. Thanks!