Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

LCD brightness

[ New ]
My Hero Black 5 isnt letting me adjust the screen brightness. It says 10%, but its more like stuck on 100% and drains battery super fast. Ive tried doing a manual reset to factory settings, adjusting it from the app, everything I can think of. :( hellllppppp
Adventurer

Re: LCD brightness

[ New ]

10% is the lowest the Hero can go on yours, you can raise to 100%.  the lcd won't turn off, on the Hero 7 , hero 6, hero 5 only the Hero 8 will turn off.   are you saying it is stuck on 10%  no matter how bright you set it?

Tourist

[ New ]
No, Im saying its stuck on 100% when its saying its 10%.
Adventurer

[ New ]

gotcha:

You cleaned the screen. you factory rest, did you reflash the firmware?  if all this failed then contact a gopro rep as  the camera hardware  may have given.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks so much for your help! How exactly do you "reflash the firmware?" Just so I know I did everything before I contact a rep.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Camera Software Updates

get the software  for your camera.  on the camere in Preference, the about camera will be the seriel number? when you type it in, you are registering the product at the same time. if you already placed in the seriel before, all you need to do is highlight the  line the      place you type it in and the  seriel will appear.  The seriel also can be found on the  box, inside the battery area and on the misc of the sdxc card.  All that covered .

Download the ZIP folder. open up the folder and

firmware.png

all the files in the Zipfolder to a folder named update.  to the sd card  and driver, can not be done in the camera at all must be off a card reader,  All that done

with a   fully chargerd , or  50 and higher charged camera.  place back the card, Once you hit MODE ON/off let the camera do its job, let it finish let it work its magic. you will hear a complete, let it FINISH.  after it turns off and back on and back to the  gopro name to the live screen,  go factory reset the camera again and format the card and  report back. if it cleard up the issue?  this will take a full ten minutes  to do Max.

you are quite welcomed. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Yeah, I did the firmware update, it completed, then did an update also through the gopro app on my phone, as well as another factory reset after all of that, and its still saying 10% when its displaying full 100% LCD brightness. Its sucking battery super quick with the LCD at full. Im not sure what else to do? Its only been used a handfull of times in a controlled environment. Free from dust, water, etc.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for sharing, @snowypike15882. This is an odd one though. Let our Support team help since the issue persists even after you have done troubleshooting steps. You may reach them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .