Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Keeps turning on

[ New ]
My 7 black keeps turning it self on after I shut it off about a hour after I hear it beep and the battery dies and then it **bleep**s off

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Keeps turning on

[ New ]

Hello, @thefishingdad. Could the camera be communicating with a Smart remote or a mobile device via GoPro App? If this is not the case, resetting the camera will help clear the issue. 

If you haven't yet, perform a manual firmware update following the steps under Manual Update here. After the update, reset the camera. These steps will clear out any possible error with the current installation.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Keeps turning on

[ New ]

Hello, @thefishingdad. Could the camera be communicating with a Smart remote or a mobile device via GoPro App? If this is not the case, resetting the camera will help clear the issue. 

If you haven't yet, perform a manual firmware update following the steps under Manual Update here. After the update, reset the camera. These steps will clear out any possible error with the current installation.