Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Keep viewscreen active?

Is there a way to keep the viewscreen active while recording?  I was capturing underwater video, and sometimes left the camera running for several minutes at a time.  When the screen went black, I could no longer see if I was capturing the images I wanted (if it was pointed at the subject).  As a rookie scuba diver, and GoPro user, I fumbled a lot trying to reactivate the screen.  I have a feeling I stopped the recording inadvertantly several times, not remembering which button to press.  I realize it's probably a battery drainer, but I want the option to keep it active the entire time I'm recording.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Keep viewscreen active?

Hello @myemerald. There is an option to turn the Screen Saver to never so the rear screen is kept on even while recording. The screen will dim a minute into recording but should remain lit up for you to see what is being recorded. To access this feature, swipe down on the screen to go to Preferences, then Touch Display, then Screen Saver, then choose Never. This feature works even when the screen is locked. Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @myemerald. There is an option to turn the Screen Saver to never so the rear screen is kept on even while recording. The screen will dim a minute into recording but should remain lit up for you to see what is being recorded. To access this feature, swipe down on the screen to go to Preferences, then Touch Display, then Screen Saver, then choose Never. This feature works even when the screen is locked. Hope this helps. 

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya, thank you very much!!!