Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Karma drone not pairing

Had the same issue, drone not pairing. Spent about an hour with support to find out that it's likely the stabilizer not communicating with the drone. Troubleshooting steps included disassemble, reassemble and manual update of camera. Have your serial numbers ready and have your microSD, an SD adapter, and a card reader ready for troubleshooting with support.

Highlighted
Backpacker

@supersurf48145 wrote:

Had the same issue, drone not pairing. Spent about an hour with support to find out that it's likely the stabilizer not communicating with the drone. Troubleshooting steps included disassemble, reassemble and manual update of camera. Have your serial numbers ready and have your microSD, an SD adapter, and a card reader ready for troubleshooting with support.

its nothing to do with the stabilizer & they know it, if your lucky enough to be in warranty they replace the core (the drone unit) to solve the issue

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes please help us we are all into the same problem. We purchased these Drones because of Gopro and the way it responded with units sweet controls. Thanks William

Highlighted
Hiker

I just purchased a unit that was purchased after the recal. Prior owner did a reset to clear account. Hope mine still Functions, the thing maybe hard reset before turning controler on. But someone said Gopro sent new drone and not controler and it worked. FYI

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Mine is just out of warranty and I am very upset - I did not break it, GoPro broke it with software update.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Add me to this same issue.  A loyal GoPro amature and professional user with thousands of Euros of your gear whi also has the same issues with the Karma Drone ignored, denied or just pretending that the problem does not exist. Hardly a way to maintain customer loyalty?  Be a decent corporate citizen:  admit it was your software update back in January that caused the problem; let us know honestly what you are doing about addressing the issue and tell us what we can expect by when.  

@epicwave12444 wrote:

Add me to the list of people with this issue.  

Highlighted
Tourist

And me, very poorly managed by gopro.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Everyone go onto YouTube and search for a user named Gavin Geen,  he has a couple videos on this topic.