Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Just got my new GoPro Hero 7 Black...Battery charging performs randomly and never charges fully !

New GoPro Hero 7 Black delivered 3 days back.

The batteries (2 came in the package) both will not charge beyond 90-95%. When the batteries are about 25% and i put them on charge via the camera. The red led glows to indicate charging. After about an hour, the LED starts blinking erratically. 2 blnks then off, then suddenly 3 blinks, then off for 5 secs, then 2 flashes, 5 secs then 3 flashes or 1 flash only and so on. Random, no pattern to the flashes or timed flashes either, so its not like the camera is trying to say something. Turn on the camera and it shows its about 90% or so. What lovely battery and delivery quality from a so called world renowned company such as GoPro.

Anyway the charger was a phone charger with 5v-1A output. So i switched to my Redmi Note 5 phone charger which is 5v-2A after reading this on the site here....  https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/Recommended-Chargers  ......where GoPro basically says its ok to use 5V 1-2 Amps. Lovely double standards to mislead people even more, because the manual says DO NOT USE ANY OTHER CHARGER OTHER THAN 5V-1A. And then here on the official site they say you can use even 2A.

Bottom line is when i use the 2A one it charges perfectly to 100% and also im spared the LED dance. Id like to know if i can continue using the 2A charger to charge my GoPro Hero 7 Black or should i return this flawed standard product and be done with a refund from amazon.

Explorer

Re: Just got my new GoPro Hero 7 Black...Battery charging performs randomly and never charges fully

Continue using the 2A charger. Your other charger is not providing a stable current. Or don't and send the camera back. This is a member to member support community. We are happy to help where we can, but your issues seem to be deeper than what we can assist with. Seems you have figured out the charging issue though, so that's good.
Tourist

Re: Just got my new GoPro Hero 7 Black...Battery charging performs randomly and never charges fully

[ Edited ]

Thanks for answering. What i wanted to ask was if members here are using 2A or can i continue using 2A without harming the battery in any way. Its not a problem with that charger as i tried other 5V-1A chargers also and the same LED blink starts after 86 percent or so. Only the 2A charger works flawlessly.

Explorer

Yes, your 2A is fine.