Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Just got GoPro 5 Black. I charged it up but now it won’t move out of black screen with video camera.

When I first started charging it I could go between photos , videos, I could put voice commands on, etc. But once it was charged it won’t leave a black screen that does nothing but shows a video camera. Won’t take videos, won’t switch out of black screen, won’t turn off, gets very hot. Brand spanking new!! What’s up with that.??

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Just got GoPro 5 Black. I charged it up but now it won’t move out of black screen with video ...

[ Edited ]

Hi @spirywater55288

Kindly try these steps: 

Remove the battery and the SD card.

Plug the camera using a wall charger. See if it will charge.

Give it a few minutes then try to turn the camera on and see if you are able to navigate through the options.

If it's all responding, turn the camera off then but the SD card and the battery back.

Test the camera again.

If it's still the same, reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

As this is a new purchase, you may also refer to the same store/ channel you got it from.

Regards,

EJ

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

Re: Just got GoPro 5 Black. I charged it up but now it won’t move out of black screen with video cam

not sure but a long press will  fore off like 15 seconds.  if you got a BLANK cscreen nothing more go replace thart new camera.

GoPro

Re: Just got GoPro 5 Black. I charged it up but now it won’t move out of black screen with video ...

[ Edited ]

Hi @spirywater55288

Kindly try these steps: 

Remove the battery and the SD card.

Plug the camera using a wall charger. See if it will charge.

Give it a few minutes then try to turn the camera on and see if you are able to navigate through the options.

If it's all responding, turn the camera off then but the SD card and the battery back.

Test the camera again.

If it's still the same, reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

As this is a new purchase, you may also refer to the same store/ channel you got it from.

Regards,

EJ