Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Just doesn't work with card or update. Useless

[ New ]

I've tried 4 diferent cards that you (Go Pro) recomend. the video just records for a few seconds and then shuts off with the message "reparing file".

I've format every card, i've updated de camera, i'0ve connect to de app on phone or laptop but never works.

... a Lot of money to trash. TY!

GoPro

Re: Just doesn't work with card or update. Useless

[ New ]

Hi @josés05666

What are the SD cards used? Please include the brand, type, and capacity.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to have this checked further.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same issue, now bought an Sandisk extreme plus 64GB V30 UHS-I A2, still getting this message random period (after 10 sec, after 2 min, after 10 min...). Did a downgrade to 2.0 fw, factory reset, doesn't work, tried upgrading - does not work, tried factory reset again - still not working, also tried with sandisk extreme 128gb V30 UHS-I A2 - same issue.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @albuster

Please go over the steps on NO SD or SD ERR on Camera's LCD

Let us know how it goes.
If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Just bought a HERO 7 White from amazon, and am having the exact same problem.

I've tried several SD cards, most recently a pair of Samsung EVO Select 128GB cards. All of them work fine in other devices, including a Raspberry Pi 4, a Canon C100 MK2, my Macbook Pro, and an XTU S3 action cam. When in the HERO 7 White, though, I don't even need to be recording. *Any* SD card inserted crashes the camera after a minute or so.

I've tried reformating the cards, factory resetting the camera, checking for updates, nothing works.

Backpacker

[ New ]

Return the camera to Amazon, the Gopro Hero 'white' was a budget camera and not very good.  It's clearly broken and Amazon have a very good return policy.