Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Jumping, Freezing

[ New ]

I have a new GP Black 7.  Recently shot some video's on a vacation and all of the video's shot have a lot of freezing, jumping, hanging up, etc. with the video's.  I am using a ScanDisc extreme plus that has a a class 10, so I don't think that is a problem.  Just wondering what I may be doing wrong in the setup?

GoPro

Re: Jumping, Freezing

[ New ]

Hi @rondondoo,

Sorry to hear about the issue with your videos. Sandisk Extreme is one of the recommended SD cards that we have for HERO7 cameras. I would like to get better understanding on what's happening with the videos. I do have some things to check with you.

• Is the freezing issue on the video playback happening directly on the HERO7 Black camera?
  • Are you experiencing the same problem when playing back the videos through the GoPro App on your mobile device while the camera is connected?
  • Try to download the videos into your mobile device. Are you able to get the same results?
  • Try importing the contents into your computer as well and play them back through a media player.
  • What was the resolution settings of the videos?

In addition to this, have you updated your camera's firmware to the latest version 1.7? To check your camera's firmware version, go to Preferences and select About, then tap on Camera Info.

Let us know how it goes.

Ann

Tourist

[ New ]

@aenriquez wrote:

Hi @rondondoo,

Sorry to hear about the issue with your videos. Sandisk Extreme is one of the recommended SD cards that we have for HERO7 cameras. I would like to get better understanding on what's happening with the videos. I do have some things to check with you.

• Is the freezing issue on the video playback happening directly on the HERO7 Black camera?  No
  • Are you experiencing the same problem when playing back the videos through the GoPro App on your mobile device while the camera is connected?  No
  • Try to download the videos into your mobile device. Are you able to get the same results?  Did not try that, don't watch videos on mobile device.
  • Try importing the contents into your computer as well and play them back through a media player.  I did that and that is where I noticed the problem.
  • What was the resolution settings of the videos? 1440/60

In addition to this, have you updated your camera's firmware to the latest version 1.7? To check your camera's firmware version, go to Preferences and select About, then tap on Camera Info.  I have not because there has been a real problem with getting a connection with bluetooth between the application in my app and my phone.  The app wants to sync & the phone wants to sync but then they just sit there trying but nothing happens.  I have downloaded the upgrade to a mini SD card as requested but nothing happens.  I also have a problem with the door opening....it takes 4-5 tries to get the door open, I sometimes have short videos or photos depending of what mode I am in of me trying to get the door open.  I am having buying remorse with this camera.

Let us know how it goes.

Ann

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update, @rondondoo. Since the issue is only happening when playing back the videos directly from your computer, this is pretty much correlated with the computer having a difficult time processing the HD video file. Typically, high resolution videos will also require a computer with higher hardware specifications in order to keep up with the process during playback.

Please click this link to view the article that lists down the suggested troubleshooting steps that will help clear up the choppy playback issue on your computer: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Correct-Choppy-or-Broken-Up-Playback

As for the camera's battery door, sliding it to the side while pushing the little button down should do the trick. For your reference, here's a YouTube video that demonstrates this process: https://youtu.be/ZT2P1hCH-xg

Hopefully this helps!

Ann