Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

JPEG error messages processing a timelapse

[ New ]

All of a sudden when I go to process an overnight timelapse in a folder I am getting two "JPEG Library Errors. 1. "Invalid JPEG file structure: two SOF markers" and 2. "Corrupt JPEG data: 9 extraneous bytes before marker 0xc0. Any help is appeciated. Thank you. It has done this two nights in a row. I am using hero 7 Black.

Rich W

GoPro

Re: JPEG error messages processing a timelapse

[ New ]

Hello, @niceriver8083. By processing a Time Lapse, do you mean editing your Time Lapse footage? Are you using a particular application or media player? Are you able to access/view the files on the camera?  A screenshot showing the issue or the error messages will be helpful. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Here are the messages that pop up. I am using the GoPro Studio to edit. Never have had a problem with that program. Maybe a memory card problem? That one is a SanDisk Micro SD 256MB Extreme Plus. I switched cards last night to a Samsung EVO micro SD. No problems whatsoever. The card that I was using has been in the camera for about two years.

JPEG error.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@niceriver8083. GoPro Studio has reached its end of life and has long been discontinued. See GoPro Studio End-of-Life FAQ for details. You may explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your GoPro footage.