Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

It is the second time that I go surfing, I put to record, I c

[ New ]

I am really disappointed. It is the second time that I go surfing with my GoProBlack 8, I put to record, I check and if is recording, but when the video has more than 30 minutes when I finish and check again the video was not saved, even if is showing that is recording. Am I doing something wrong? Because I put to record in the low quality, for having more space in the memory card, everytime I check and it shows that is record, but when I go to check the video, it is not saved. I look on the camera, or on my phone and doesn't have any video saved. I don't know why. Except if I am recording short videos, but for long videos is not saving.

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: It is the second time that I go surfing, I put to record, I c

[ New ]

SANDISK ULTRA cards are not on the recommended list of SD cards to use due to the fact they can cause serious issues with your GoPro.  

Please refer to this list to help select a recommended SD card for your camera:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308?ds_rl=1274407&ds...

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @adeptblaze5825. We'd like to gather details to isolate the issue. Is your HERO8 Black updated to the latest firmware? If not, perform the steps under Manual Update here.

Which SD card are you using? The information on the brand, type, and capacity will be helpful. It is always best to use a recommended SD card and format it prior to using it. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, thanks for answering.

I will upload it. The SD I am using is SANDISK ULTRA, 32 GB, is that correct? 

Have a nice day! 

Backpacker

[ New ]

SANDISK ULTRA cards are not on the recommended list of SD cards to use due to the fact they can cause serious issues with your GoPro.  

Please refer to this list to help select a recommended SD card for your camera:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308?ds_rl=1274407&ds...