Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Issues with quick capture and default preset when Max Lens mode is enabled

[ New ]

Quick capture is enabled, but when I press and hold the capture button for time lapse, it will always use Max Video preset.

Also, default preset is set to always be the last used, but it will always use Max Video preset, even if the last used preset was time lapse.

When I disable Max Lens mode, everything works as expected.

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Issues with quick capture and default preset when Max Lens mode is enabled

[ New ]

Due to restrictions when using Max Lens Mode, quick capture will only support video mode.

When Max Lens Mode is disabled, there are only two options for Quick Capture.  Video or Timelapse.  It does not matter if you set the preset to "last used" as the only options supported by Quick Capture are Video and Timelapse (video only if the Max Lens Mod is enabled).

View solution in original post

Backpacker

[ New ]

No, Max Lens Mod only supports one form of quick capture.  Video.  This is due to the way the architecture of the camera it set up with normal quick capture set up to record video and timelapse using the full 4K sensor resolution and timewarp in Max Lens mod only supporting a 2.7K resolution with cropped image.  

It's not a feature, it's not a bug, it's a restriction due to enabling the Max Lens Mod.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

[ New ]

Due to restrictions when using Max Lens Mode, quick capture will only support video mode.

When Max Lens Mode is disabled, there are only two options for Quick Capture.  Video or Timelapse.  It does not matter if you set the preset to "last used" as the only options supported by Quick Capture are Video and Timelapse (video only if the Max Lens Mod is enabled).

Hiker

[ New ]

I understand that Max Time Lapse and Time Lapse are two different presets, but don't you think this sounds more like a bug than a feature? I think it would be completely fine if Time Lapse would mean Max Time Lapse mode when Max Lens mode is enabled.

Backpacker

[ New ]

No, Max Lens Mod only supports one form of quick capture.  Video.  This is due to the way the architecture of the camera it set up with normal quick capture set up to record video and timelapse using the full 4K sensor resolution and timewarp in Max Lens mod only supporting a 2.7K resolution with cropped image.  

It's not a feature, it's not a bug, it's a restriction due to enabling the Max Lens Mod.