05-13-2019 08:58 AM
I recently purchased a GoPro Hero 7 Black. I have had many issues with this camera from day 1.
1) I had multiple times where I tried to stop recording and it wont do anything at all. I end up having to remove the battery and often loose the whole strain of footage that I was shooting. This started day 1.
2) Recently I filmed a whole fishing expedition only to find out that the audio was choosing to work when it wanted. It would cut in and out during 1 round of filming the same clip.
3) The app has been having an incredibly hard time staying connected to my camera. I had to restart the process of extracting clips multiple times which is really lame when you are pulling from a large clip.
4) I went back to review multiple clips that when I did it showed a 0:00 time stamp even though I check and the camera said it was recording while i was filming.
5) Im not sold that the battery compartment is sealed since it appears to have a small gap where it doesnt meet flush.
Does anyone have any suggestions here or should I just give up on GoPro?
I am up to date on software and run a Sandisk Etreme Plus 64gb sd card which I have emptied more then once to see if that was the issue.
I have owned multiple GoPro's and this has been the most glitchy by far.
05-13-2019 09:19 AM
Re-flashing the software should help.
This will help clear out any errors that may have been encountered with the previous installation.
Please refer to https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black
Should it still be the same, you may refer to our Support Team. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
As this is a recent purchase, you can also check with the same store/channel you got the camera from.
05-13-2019 10:02 AM
Please follow the update link above.
Click on "Update your camera manually".
Instructions are listed after the email address and serial number page.
Let us know how it goes.