Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Issues with Hero 7 white update, unable to contact support

[ New ]

Hi,

I am having issues updating the firmware (the Nov 2019 release) for my GoPro, I'm currently on version 2.00. I've tried both via the app and via my computer. On the computer, I get a generic error message while on the phone, I see the "transferring files to..." screen for <1 min and then i get the "something went wrong" message.

I have tried a hard reset and it still does not work, the "transferring" gets up to about 80 and then it stops and the gopro gets stuck on the "downloading update" screen. 

I am also unable to contact support, as i am constantly getting the "Sorry, all agents are helping other customers right now. Please try again later." message. When I try the "request a call" option, I get the "invalid captcha" message. There is no Capctha that I can see? I have tried different browsers, using my phone v computer, manually filling in all fields and clearing my cache.

Please can someone give me an alternative way to contact gopro?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Issues with Hero 7 white update, unable to contact support

[ New ]

Thanks @justinew7535

Please try to do a full format of the SD card on a computer.

Once done, try the update again.

Make sure that the folder name is saved as UPDATE. Not UPDATE(1) or any other numbers.

Let us know how it goes.
If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @justinew7535. Are you able to reach the part where you are asked to click on the Download button to download the zipped UPDATE folder to your computer? This entails having the SD card inserted to your computer through an SD card adapter and saving the downloaded update folder into it. 

If you have screenshots of where in the manual update steps to encounter the error, we will be able to help you better with the update process. We hope to hear back from you. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, 

Thanks for the response. I am unable to do the SD card into the computer version of an update

Tourist

[ New ]
I have found a different computer where i can do this now, I will try it and see.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, my SD card is now showing as having an error after trying to update it. I have tried to format the SD card in the gopro with no success

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @justinew7535

Can we have the brand, type and capacity of the SD card used, please?

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, it's a 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks @justinew7535

Please try to do a full format of the SD card on a computer.

Once done, try the update again.

Make sure that the folder name is saved as UPDATE. Not UPDATE(1) or any other numbers.

Let us know how it goes.
If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej