Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Issue with water in battery compartment

Hi there,
On 9 September 2018, I went on a snorkelling trip in Phuket and I have used my Gopro Hero 5 for snorkelling for the first time. However, once I get out of the water, the screen started blinking and went black after 5 seconds. After a few failed attempts to turn it back on, I tried to pull out the battery and reinstall it because I thought that it might have ran out of battery. However, as soon as I open the battery compartment, water started pouring out, I was shocked to see that the battery compartment is filled with water. I was very sure that the cap was properly closed before I got into the water and it still functioned in the water.
I suspected that it is manufacturing defects on the battery cap so I did some research online and found that my case was not an isolated case. I have noted there are many other people who faced the same issue with their GoPro Hero 5.
In that case, I hope that you could kindly consider my case and issue me a RMA.

Let me know any further supporting documents is required.

Your kind assistance is much appreciated.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Issue with water in battery compartment

Hi @rapidridge68380,

Please contact our customer support team. 

They can provide the steps on how to process an RMA and also the documents needed. 

They are available via phone or chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay