Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Issue with purple panda lavalier mic for go pro hero 7

I purchased the Purple Panda Lavalier Lapel Microphone Kit - Clip-on Omnidirectional Condenser based on numerous recommendations from professional YouTubers. I get the mic plug the TRRS to TRS from purple panda into the go pro adapter and I get no audio and sometimes some static. I saw someone said the adapter from purple panda was faulty and gave a link to new TRS adapters and still no audio. 

I've tested the mic on an iPad so I know its functioning. Can anyone give some more ideas as to what it could be? 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Issue with purple panda lavalier mic for go pro hero 7

Hello, @nimbledusk17714. See if the no audio issue is due to the method used in recording (via QuikCapture or not) and the type of microphone that you are using. There is information at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/External-Microphone-Information-with-the-Pro-3-5mm-Mic-Adaptor/ta-... that you may refer to. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I always power on the go pro than press record
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks, @nimbledusk17714. In this case, it would be best to connect with our Support team so they can help you with further troubleshooting. To proceed, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Be sure to have access to your camera, mic adapter, and microphone at the time of contact so you get assisted as quickly as possible. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I am experiencing the same issue. I have reloaded the update manually as suggested by support. This did not help at all. it seems to have created other issues instead. I have a rodes mic I use on my Nikon which has a trs mini and this mic works. I did try an old audio trick which seems to work though, if you plug the trrs from the mic, without an adapter cable, directly into the adapter but only one click in (partially) the Panda appears to work. I am still concerned though since the plug is not fully engaged and can wiggle loose. try this method and see if it works for you. There must be some sort of glich or setting that is not right. We are not the only ones experiencing this. 

Highlighted
GoPro

@alertsand1531, please let our Support team know so they can help you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Tourist

I already did this and they had me manually load the last update 1.90. While I was doing the steps that they suggested they discontinued the on line chat and ended the support. If this problem exists for multiple users why isn't the remedy or answer available to the support team. I have researched the issue online and found many users with the same problem.

Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry to hear about what happened, @alertsand1531. We'd be glad to check with Support. Is there a case number that we can use as a reference? Thanks!