Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Issue uploading video to cloud from camera.

[ New ]

I took a number of videos of a soccer game and when I tried to upload them to the cloud from the camera, I am stuck on 0 percent.  I found an artcile for a Hero 8 to reset to factory and setup the Auto Upload again.  I can say that a short video I recorded after coming home and picture that I took, did upload.  But the longer videos of the game will not upload.  What are my options.  Also the camera is getting extremely hot.  Not just warm, but hot.  I worry about the SD card with the heat.

GoPro

Re: Issue uploading video to cloud from camera.

[ New ]

Hello, @sprycreek3078. How were you uploading your media to the Cloud? Which of these methods were you using? Have a go at the other methods and see if it would make a difference in the rate of upload. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I also tried using the App to download from the camera and then upload to the cloud, but I did not have enough free space on my phone to accomplish it.

I do not have a micro SD card reader or adapter to try to upload directly from the card to the cloud using a desktop or laptop.  So having the ability to upload from the camera is important, because I need to remove the videos to be able to take new videos.

I did a factory reset again, and now when I connect the Hero 9 to external power, it got to a point of showing 3/4, but then the circle was just spinning with no progress.

Lastly, the screenshots for the IOS app are not current, but I believe I found thre new areas where that information has been relocated.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the response, @sprycreek3078. Apologies, the article is currently in progress of being updated. It should display images corresponding to the latest app version. 

Are the files that you are uploading long videos to the point that they could be chaptered? There should not be an issue with uploading long videos but the amount of time needed to upload is greatly dependent on the file size and the stability of the network used. 

Also, check if the files may be stuck in the upload process. To do this, see instructions at Manage Upload Page in Media Library

Tourist

[ New ]

On the camera they were showing as around 9 minutes each, so I believe they must have been chaptered.  Is there a general period of time where chaptering will occur?

Also, I left the camera plugged in over night and the videos did not upload.  But I did take a photo last night, and took a very short video and both of those uploaded.  But the other videos did not.  

I decided to delete them.  I have another soccer game to record this evening, and I will see if those upload when I get home and connect the camera.

Thank you for the additional informaiton.

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

The duration of the chapter can vary based on the camera being used. More info on it is here.

Tourist

[ New ]
I took another video for about 22 minutes and when I connected after getting hone, the video uploaded to the cloud. It did take some time but it worked. Thank you all for suggestions and information.