Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Is there any way that my GoPros 7& 8 can stay on the correct date 2020

My cameras keep changing the year date, I am sick of the errors and sorting the time date most gadgets these keep to the correct time & date automatically.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Is there any way that my GoPros 7& 8 can stay on the correct date 2020

Hello, @gordond73648. The cameras' date and time settings could get reset when they are left without batteries or with empty ones for an extended period of time (at least 4 hours). When do you observe the date and time to be reset? 

If you haven't yet, do a manual firmware update and perform a factory reset after. Let us know how it works out after. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Tried the update this  Sunday but I just could not find a simple way of transferring the update my micro card as I did a year ago, as for the time & date its rarely that I have not got a full battery in my cameras.

Highlighted
GoPro

@gordond73648. If you have an SD card adapter, you can use it to insert your microSD card into your computer and save the extracted UPDATE folder on it. Then bring the SD card back into the camera. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes had to do the last update like that as a direct connection with my Hero5 that was first-rate compared to the 7 made it impossible to use again.

Now following the link it takes me away from the download site.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @gordond73648. Which link were you using? Try visiting this: https://gopro.com/en/us/update/ and once on the page, choose the correct camera model that you wanted to update. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Highlighted
Nomad

My time and date always stay fine, until I upload to gopro plus directly from the camera, as soon as I do this, the camera time jumps 4 hours ahead and I have not found a fix for this... I'm assuming that the cameras time is changing based on the time on the server it is connecting too, which is so very annoying... it has absolutely nothing to do with my camera, I've reset it, I've manually updated the firmware, etc... it is, very clearly, the server changing my time exactly 4 hours ahead, and it happens everytime the camera does the auto upload, otherwise, the time and date always stay correct... pretty annoying... and they just keep telling me to do the same things... it sucks, wish I worked for gopro myself so I could fix some of these annoying glitches...

$200 camera... 

Not to mention a lack of features that the SoC actually supports... 

Be careful what you spend money on... I also pay the monthly fee for gopro plus, and after already spending $200 and paying the subscription fee for months, I feel like we are losing out...

The unlimited storage is great, video quality is fantastic, but that's about where it ends, no new updates, not even linear FOV, and then the Hero 7 Black shoots in 720p, a lower resolution, while the lower end Hero 7 Silver lacks the 720p... again, a lower resolution, not available on the lower end camera, only the top model... who does this?... if you could only see me shaking my head at this

Highlighted
Tourist

Why can't our cameras pick the date & time automatically like just about every other, even my 18-year-old car can update the time on its own no WiFi, our cameras have a connection to the internet all the time?