Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: Is there any reason to move from the hero 7 that I got as a gift to the hero 8?

[ New ]
As the past above this mention, Yes, the Quik Capture will use the last setting used by default (including things like the Quick Clip and Zoom). Alternatively, you can go into settings and choose the default setting to be used every time. Turning off the setting to use the last setting can be helpful to ensure that you always get the same settings.

What's really cool is you can make things like Quick Clips and Zoom part of the setting default. For example, I created a custom setting for Water that I use when surfing. It uses 2.7K/60fps Superview and a 30 second quick clip. I have another named Activity that has 2.7K/120fps wide with a 15 second Quick Clip. I use the first for when the camera is mounted to my board (with Surf mount and Bite Mount) and the second for when I put the bite mount in my mouth. I can be in the water capturing shots for two plus hours and still have battery left over when I get out because the camera auto offs at the end of each Quick Clip. Also makes going through my videos for the best scenes much easier.