Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Is there a setting which will stop the gopro from trying to level the horizon?

[ New ]

I have a very nice mount on my motorcycle's windshield, which means no part of the motorcycle is visible in the image.  When the motorcycle leans into a turn the GoPro tries to keep the horizon level, which produces very strange results!  When the motorycle is in frame it appears the camera 'locks' onto that for reference and the image is fine.  In my case the motorcycle is not in frame and result looks like someone was holding the camera and not paying attention--often the image is not pointing in the same direction as the motorcyle!  And then when the road straightens out, the horizon is not level.  I have a HERO 7 with very few hours on it, so I would prefer a fix to this camera or, at worst, know that newer models would not have the same problem.  Thank you.

Nomad

Re: Is there a setting which will stop the gopro from trying to level the horizon?

[ New ]

Turn off Hypersmooth

Tourist

Re: Is there a setting which will stop the gopro from trying to level the horizon?

[ New ]

Ah, okay, I had not consdiered that.  So, basically use it like my Hero 4, but more expensive, and don't buy any new GoPro cameras because it's either Hypersmooth or no vibration reduction at all.  Good advice, thanks!  Anybody know how much I can get for a slightly used HERO 7?