Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Is there a lens to put on the GoPro to reverse FishEye?

Hi Fishycomics,

That's where I got my expensive lens from. But the result I found dissapointing. Fisheye gone, but a flat image. And I have done fisheye removal with software in post production. After doing all that, I hope there is or will be a better solution.

Indeed... i could wait for a Hero8 and hope it will be capable to do 6k and then can do 4k linear.
Adventurer

I hear ya.   that olesaying can't have both worlds with a gopro then huh?

Tourist

They can at least try, now can't they?
Adventurer

They can but that  Big?  Will they :)

Highlighted
Nomad

@jeroen3277 - "But in fact it is partly zooming in and adjusting horizons, so there information goes lost."

All of GoPros own productions use fisheye dewarping after the fact.So why can't you? ;-)

Yes, it takes a lot of recalculation to correct the fisheye image into rectilinear, but its more like stretching the image out. And GoPro isn't perfect 4K in the first place. You could shoot on an Arri Alexa or RED for 100,000s of dollars. As such, software correction of GoPro footage into LINEAR in the editor is not that bad looking.

Nomad

@jeroen3277 - " could wait for a Hero8 and hope it will be capable to do 6k and then can do 4k linear."

Doing LINEAR in the camera is basically identical to dewarping in post.

Adventurer

[ Edited ]

WIll they.

was what I said with a smile  Lol but big have no clue  how that  squeezed in LOl. edited it again  Lol

Dam typo's

Tourist

Agilestoke... My point exactly. That is why I use 2.7k linear instead of 4k fishy.

The point for gopro not being top in 4k... Well, 4k cropped from a future 6k hero will be better than 2.7k cropped from the current 4k.

Best would be 4k linear and no fishy. And then we are back.to my original request of a lens to reverse fisheye on top of the fisheye lens.