Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Is there a housing for the Hero 6 that would let me connect to external power while recording?

I'd like to secure to a Jaws: Flex Clamp while connected to external power. 

Any suggestions on how I might do that?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Is there a housing for the Hero 6 that would let me connect to external power while recording?

The USB port should still be accessible. The side door that covers that port is removable. Just pop it off and put the HERO6 in the Frame and mount it where you'd like. Then you can connect the power supply using a USB-C cable through the hole in the Frame where that port is.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Is there a housing for the Hero 6 that would let me connect to external power while recording?

@seaners4real - Since the power supply can come in through the USB-C cable, you'll just need to find a way to secure the power supply (ex. a power bank) somewhere nearby. What type of shot are you trying to get?

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Well, any shot really. Let's say I want to use the flex arm to clip the camera to an exposed ceiling beam to record a talent show. And I want more recording time than the battery will give me. The USB port is inaccessable when in the housing that attaches to the flex arm.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The USB port should still be accessible. The side door that covers that port is removable. Just pop it off and put the HERO6 in the Frame and mount it where you'd like. Then you can connect the power supply using a USB-C cable through the hole in the Frame where that port is.

Highlighted
Tourist

Ah. I hadn't realized that the door was designed to be removable. I don't think I saw that factoid in any of the documentation.

Thanks!
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Here's a quick video I did a while ago showing how it's done. The process is the same on the HERO5 Black, the HERO6 Black, and on the new HERO.