Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Is the hero 8 black scratch resistant and if not how do I protect it and or replace it?

Explorer

Re: Is the hero 8 black scratch resistant and if not how do I protect it and or replace it?

Are you talking about the glass in front of the lens? If you are, the lens is scratch resistant gorilla glass and is 2X stronger than on previous cameras. You can purchase lens protectors, use the camera in a housing, use 3rd party lens covers like those from Polar Pro, or just exchange the camera for a new one with GoPro Plus.

Adventurer

Re: Is the hero 8 black scratch resistant and if not how do I protect it and or replace it?

GoPro hero 8 will get war wounds, since hte Frame is no longer you  can buy an aftermarket  frame or selicone for it.  Also the same goes for the lens.   The hero 8 is catered more to a Vlogger and the Hero 7 is more your all time Action camera. if you don;t own a hero you buy the Hero 8.  if you are a prevoious owner you decide if you want to look cool or not.  Hey look I got a scratched camera well that is my take on it. everything gets dinged