Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Is the Hero 8 release date now Oct. 31?

A review of the Hero 8 says the release date is now October 31. Is that true, or just the usual journo flibberflabber?

See here:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/07/new-gopro-hero-8-black-and-max-are-available-for-preorder

I pre-ordered with the expectation it would be shipped on or close to the 15th.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Is the Hero 8 release date now Oct. 31?

[ Edited ]

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Shipments begin October 15th for HERO8. If it's anything like with the Karma and HERO5 pre-orders, shipments will happen in the order received, with priority given by order date. For example, with Karma I ordered within minutes of it becoming available for preorder. I actually got it a day before expected. However, for those who ordered the next day, they received theirs a few days after the announced ship date, and some got it several days later. Those who ordered much later, but during the pre-order time frame, got it a few weeks after the announced beginning ship date.
Highlighted
Explorer

Of course, that was then and this is now. GoPro has done a lot to improve shipping, so perhaps they will be able to get all of the orders out on the 15th.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Ah, thank you. I ordered the morning of October 1, am hoping for the best. Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted
Explorer

Good luck to you. Fingers crossed you get it early!
Highlighted
Hiker

I hope that's not correct. I ordered the 8 on Oct 1 anticipating delivery around Oct 15-17. I will be away after late Oct and might have to cancel. 

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]
Highlighted
Hiker

Hip hip horay!  Christmas in OctoberSmiley Happy