Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Is the Go Pro Hero dual voltage? Can I safely charge it in Africa using the USB cord?

[ New ]

Is the Go Pro Hero dual voltage? Can I safely charge it in Africa using the USB cord?

GoPro

Re: Is the Go Pro Hero dual voltage? Can I safely charge it in Africa using the USB cord?

[ New ]

Hi @clairek23,

Our cameras require USB chargers that output 5V and 1A-2A (depending on model). Using chargers that do not meet this requirement may negatively affect your camera. You may refer to this article for determine the adapter's output (volts and amps) before you connect your camera to a USB charger.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Tourist

Re: Is the Go Pro Hero dual voltage? Can I safely charge it in Africa using the USB cord?

[ New ]

Hi Ann aenriquezs, the article you link to does not help me much. I understand that (I'm going to Paris) Europe uses 220/240 volts. So as I understood the question, is the Go Pro Hero (mine is a 7) compatible for me to plug into the wall (with an adaptor) or a 220/240 volt outlet? Or will I need a transformer to change the energy to 50 Watt 110/120V? The article you link to charger outputs but indicates that you can plug it directly into the wall with an adapter. I want to know if I can plug it into a wall in Paris that produces 220/240 volt or is I need to transform that first. Does this make sense?