Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Is my computer fast enough to "stitch"? i7-3610QM, 16gb ram, NVIDIA GTX 660M 2GB, 512ssd

[ New ]

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a new camera and was initially thinking about the Insta360 one or the Rylo; But unfortunately, the image quality is not the best, even though the software seems better than Fusion.

I don't know exactly how Fusion software works but been reading a lot of negative experiences about "stitching" or loading times.

So, while my main computers are Macbook Pro 13" Retina early 2015, I've got a 17" laptop with the following specs: i7-3610QM, 16gb ram, NVIDIA GTX 660M 2GB, 512ssd. Is this enough? How long would it take to load and stitch a 10 minutes footage (let's assume the highest resolution) on a Win8  i7-3610QM, 16gb ram, NVIDIA GTX 660M 2GB, 512ssd, machine?

I'm not sure I understand what stitching is, but seems like the original 2d footage that needs to be mapped into 3d; and then we can export to a different video editor? If so, in the other software we can manipulate the image X Y Z? Panning etc? Or we do this originally in the Fusion software?

There're a few review videos on youtube that I watched, and some claim it takes 3 days to generate the preview videos; then another 3 days to render. Something like that.

Any tips and advice is appreciated, as I'm trying to get information before buying.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Is my computer fast enough to "stitch"? i7-3610QM, 16gb ram, NVIDIA GTX 660M 2GB, 512ssd

[ New ]

Hello @heldrida

Thank you for choosing GoPro. This article discusses frequently asked questions and answers for Fusion Studio. It also details the minimum system requirements for the program to run smoothly on your computer. 

The Fusion Studio application enables you to import, stitch, change color profile, and render your Fusion footage preparing them for multi-clip editing in Adobe Premiere or other editing applications. The application allows you to manipulate the yaw, pitch, and roll, projection, field of view and other settings that you need to angle your footage perfectly. The Fusion Studio package already comes with Adobe plugins.  

The speed of rendering basically depends on the computer system that you have (storage space, processor). Relatively, a 30 second export of a 360 degree video in 4K resolution can take up to 12 minutes. 

Feel free to post back should you have any other questions. 

Cheers, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Is my computer fast enough to "stitch"? i7-3610QM, 16gb ram, NVIDIA GTX 660M 2GB, 512ssd

[ New ]

Hello @heldrida

Thank you for choosing GoPro. This article discusses frequently asked questions and answers for Fusion Studio. It also details the minimum system requirements for the program to run smoothly on your computer. 

The Fusion Studio application enables you to import, stitch, change color profile, and render your Fusion footage preparing them for multi-clip editing in Adobe Premiere or other editing applications. The application allows you to manipulate the yaw, pitch, and roll, projection, field of view and other settings that you need to angle your footage perfectly. The Fusion Studio package already comes with Adobe plugins.  

The speed of rendering basically depends on the computer system that you have (storage space, processor). Relatively, a 30 second export of a 360 degree video in 4K resolution can take up to 12 minutes. 

Feel free to post back should you have any other questions. 

Cheers, 
Marius

Sightseer

Re: Is my computer fast enough to "stitch"? i7-3610QM, 16gb ram, NVIDIA GTX 660M 2GB, 512s

[ New ]

Are there any plans to improve that? I mean, 1 minute footage 30m, it's really slow

GoPro

Re: Is my computer fast enough to "stitch"? i7-3610QM, 16gb ram, NVIDIA GTX 660M 2GB, 512s

[ New ]

We do not have information about it at this time. What we do is provide the feedback to the team for consideration/integration in future updates. We will definitely post updates as soon as they are available.  You can keep this link bookmarked for easy reference. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Ok, I'll check back in 2 years.