Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to use this camera as a webcam

Is it possible to use this camera as a webcam

Simple really, can I use the GoPro Hero 5 session as webcam on Windows 10 ?

Please can you let me know how if it's possible.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Is it possible to use this camera as a webcam

It's kinda like asking "Can I use a broomstick as a fishing rod".  Yes, there are ways you can but it's not the best tool for the job by far and it's more work than it's work. 

You would probably have to buy $80 worth of equipment to get it to work with not so great quality, or just spend $40 on a much more suitable webcam that would offer better picture quality and better sound quality.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Be thousands of post  and one topic if it was possible, you can do it as a livestream using a Mobile App. not a webcam. but never give the hope up.  Keep searching.

Highlighted
Explorer

I did a Google search for, "use hero5 session as webcam" and there were several results.
Highlighted
Tourist

yes and none of those results seemed to be specifically for this camera hence me coming to the source and asking the question to get a definative answer.

Highlighted
Explorer

Highlighted
Adventurer

GoPro has only offered a livestream,   using outside sources can be costly.   good luck.

Highlighted
Explorer

Agree. Much better plan of action is to just purchase a proper webcam. More often than not, when you purchase something that is designed for a specific purpose, it actually outperforms other things not designed for that purpose. Weird.
Highlighted
Adventurer

@danielr15 wrote:
Agree. Much better plan of action is to just purchase a proper webcam. More often than not, when you purchase something that is designed for a specific purpose, it actually outperforms other things not designed for that purpose. Weird.

I wonder if webcam purchase say the opposite can my camer be used as a Action camera?