Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Is it possible to use GPS tracking with 4k videos?

[ New ]

Hi,

Just recorded a 4k 60fps video with my gopro hero black 8. I imported the files on my Computer via GoPro Quik and got the warning that GoPro Quik cannot play the files. Is it possible to get the GPS tracking information without GoPro Quik and did GoPro announce when there will be an update for gopro quik desktop so it can handle 4k 60fps files?

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Is it possible to use GPS tracking with 4k videos?

[ New ]

The problem isn't with the frame rate or size, it's the fact they were recorded in HEVC which Quik doesn't support and  Microsoft removed native support for last Autumn.

You can do a search for Taylor and Wayne telemetry extractor and that can help you.  If you had a GPS lock at time of recording then all the info should be embedded into your video files

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

[ New ]

The problem isn't with the frame rate or size, it's the fact they were recorded in HEVC which Quik doesn't support and  Microsoft removed native support for last Autumn.

You can do a search for Taylor and Wayne telemetry extractor and that can help you.  If you had a GPS lock at time of recording then all the info should be embedded into your video files

Sightseer

[ New ]

Danke, werde das mal versuchen.

Nomad

[ New ]
Thanks @irishmanpdx just linking my app directly for easier access, as I'm not using the name "Tailor and Wayne" that much any more :)
https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free
Backpacker

[ New ]

Sorry about the name mispelling, when it first came out I was hugely excited, however I couldn't access the site in work (I think any site that may be set up as a personal blog is blocked) so I wasn't that familier with the spelling. 

I have book marked your new site on my home PC and I assure you, I'll give people the correct link from now on, your software is excellent!