Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Is go pro ever going to address the video freezing with audio continuing to record.

I have had this issue since launch on two seperate cameras and have seen countless others with the same issue. I have tried;

5 different approved samsung and sandisk extreme cards in 64gb and 128gb (1 samsung 128gb, 2x 128gb sandisk, 2x 64gb sandisk)

Manually updated camera (literally every version)

Formatted the SD cards different ways, checked for errors, confirmed their speeds.

Battery power and external power

Factory resets

It's a hardware issue but gopro have not addressed it.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Is go pro ever going to address the video freezing with audio continuing to record.

[ Edited ]

Hi @grandsurf78404,

Sorry to hear about the issue that you experienced with your camera. If a camera is freezing up, it is usually an indicator the camera's firmware needs to be updated / manually reinstalled or there is potentially an issue with the microSD being used.

Typically, this issue is resolved by manually reinstalling the firmware of the camera and formatting the SD card.

What shooting mode and resolution settings are you using when the camera freezes? For example, does it only freezes when shooting in 4K 60FPS, 2.7K 60FPS? Try recording using the standard 1080P 60FPS resolution to test this out.

If in case you continue to have the freeze up issues with the camera after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, and after using different recommended microSD cards and redoing the software update, there is likely an issue with the camera. Our Support Team will be able to assist you further on the next process. You can reach out to them by phone or chat.

Thanks,

Ann

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Is go pro ever going to address the video freezing with audio continuing to record.

Lol, prime example of how you can expect this issue to be "addressed".

there is likely an issue with the camera.

All the cameras, you left out the all.

Highlighted
Hiker

Just got my third hero 7 black back, and who would have guessed, still freezing so far with 2 different SD cards (samsung and sandisk)

Highlighted
Backpacker

mine works fine, & so do plenty of others so its not a design fault

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @grandsurf78404

We apologize that another replacement is experiencing some difficulties. We need to ensure all factors are being considered because it is very rare for multiple replacements to experience errors. We need to investigate further to identify the best approach moving forward. Please refer to our Support Team again. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Mine has this issue, but as I'm in Japan, support is closed most of my day. I got mine as a gift from the apparently official JP distributor - should I contact them? Suspecting yet more 'try new SD card'- done twice, both on the list, and the manual update. Yes done.  Actually, I have a question on that; what is so broken about GoPro's other methods of updates that that is suspect?

Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @gbbb41231. To answer you question about the update, manually re-flashing the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation.

If you're currently in Japan, our Chat Support team should be available 24 hours. When you visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs , please ensure that you have the correct country selected.