Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Is New Microphone adapter coming for Gorpro 5 to 7 and newer?

The whole external mic thing is ludicrous, there is no reason they could not make a action cam with a 3.5mm jack built right in. They could even make the port waterproof , if they can do it on a samsung Galaxy s9 why the heck can't GOPRO? my S9 Galaxy phone can survive a dunk down to 5 feet or something like that for 30 minutes it's called a IPX rating... "The Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ is rated IP68, using the Ingress Protection rating system. The dust rating is 6 (highest level of protection), and the water resistance rating is 8 (water-resistant up to 5 feet for up to 30 minutes)."
Highlighted
Sightseer

I just bought a gopro and there is no  mic adapter anywhere  except on ebay and they are taking advantage selling it for 250 dollars  .. 

this is making want to sell my gopro and buy the OSMO Action camera ..   WE NEED MIC ADAPTERS ASAP !!!

Highlighted
Hiker

@snorkel12068 SAME HERE! Both of my hero 7 cameras overheat and shut down when powered by external battery.
Highlighted
Nomad

I take the internal battery out and they have not shut down yet even after 6 hours, I have been disabling hypersmooth and doing any stabilization if needed in post so that might make it run a bit cooler as well.
Highlighted
Nomad

I was able to get a mic adapter from adorama camera by doing the back order option, take like a week and they shipped it out.