Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Is It possible to geolocalize a lost Gopro Hero5 black using serial number?

Hi,

I'ld like to know if it's possible to geolocalize a lost Gopro Hero5 black using serial number?

Thanks

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Is It possible to geolocalize a lost Gopro Hero5 black using serial number?

Unfortunately, no. If you registered the camera through the manual update and have the serial number, you can try contacting the Support Team and see if they can flag it if someone else tries to register the camera. Even if they do spot it, though there isn't much that can be done other than notify the person via the email they use to register the camera.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Is It possible to geolocalize a lost Gopro Hero5 black using serial number?

[ Edited ]

the only Benefits of registering is to  be telling GoPro you got your camera  ready  for repairs, an firmware use  just a record of the owner.  of the Millions sold and a fraction registered, and the time we hang here  and online. I only heard others like you asking thesame ole question lost,  can it be found?

We're sorry that thecamera got lost, the nest thing to do is retrack your steps wheere you lost it, and gopro from there. post signs.

A) was on travel

B) wasstolen

those will be the two hardest,  but what one can prevent is to place info on the sd card in a folder  like reqard for the sd card only reward for the camera.  And there are honest people out there.

A member in here asked  lost/stolen gopro. I see my gopro on wifi, how can I track it..... his neighbor stolen it, you call the police .

Like the Iphone, or smartphone you have the find me which  gopro does not have  and you take it in your own hands of tracking via the net to rerieve it safely.

that  will be something but mpossible.  good luck.  hard lesson learned.