Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Is Gopro the right camera for my project?

[ New ]

I'm about to move to the mountains to retire. I want a head camera to record walking through the woods, seeing animals in the yard, documenting building the fire pit, recording daily interesting walks, a tour of the cabin, etc. I plan to have a channel on YouTube such as  "Retiring to the Mountains", perhaps posting a weekly diary.

NO high speed activities like skiing, etc.. I want sound, perhaps to  record knitting videos.

I heard that Gopro had a curved effect to the videos, not sure about this. Money is definitely an issue.

Will a Gopro work for me?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Is Gopro the right camera for my project?

[ New ]

Hello, @bohemia. The GoPro will definitely work for you. It's light and easily mountable. For the shooting method that you described, you can mount the GoPro to a Head Strap

The curved effect to the videos is brought about by using the Wide field of view but with newer camera models like the HERO8 Black, for example, have a Linear field of view option to remove the wide-angle or fisheye effect. Click on the link for the HERO8 Black to learn more about the functions and features of the camera. Navigate through the camera page to check on other camera models. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @bohemia. The GoPro will definitely work for you. It's light and easily mountable. For the shooting method that you described, you can mount the GoPro to a Head Strap

The curved effect to the videos is brought about by using the Wide field of view but with newer camera models like the HERO8 Black, for example, have a Linear field of view option to remove the wide-angle or fisheye effect. Click on the link for the HERO8 Black to learn more about the functions and features of the camera. Navigate through the camera page to check on other camera models. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

I shop around if the budget is tight, unless GoPro tehmselves will  give you a retirememnt pkg that you can not refuse?

Youtube, you mention, best place around to  look at video's and decide if a GoPro is for you.    you may come across other products out there that offer different, options. I check them out as well but I  am here on a gopro site, the Hero 8 is by far a camera to look at  especially today with that sale going on. good luck on your Options.

Tourist

[ New ]

Super info, thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Super info, thank you!