Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Invalid Hero 4 Silver Serial Number

When I am registering my new GO PRO Hero 4 Silver camera, it says that my serial number is invalid. How do I get this fixed?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Invalid Hero 4 Silver Serial Number

@Anonymous - Some of the characters could look like numbers instead of letters or vice versa. If tweaking those doesn't get you in, please reach out to our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus and we can get you registered.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - Some of the characters could look like numbers instead of letters or vice versa. If tweaking those doesn't get you in, please reach out to our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus and we can get you registered.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I bought 5 days ago a brand new GoPro 4 Black , from a Media Mart store , the serial number inside the camera says [edited] and when I try to enter it in you site it gives me and error . Could someone else have used this number and they sold me a second hand or recondition camera ??? I bought this camera as new on March 2017 , so it should not have registered before that date .

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

This can happen if you on a registration page that is not tied to your specific camera. If you go to the Update page for your camera (HERO4 cameras are at https://gopro.com/update/hero4) and start the manual update process, that page should process your registration.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

I am attempting to troubleshoot my go pro hero 4 silver by manually updating it. The update page is not accepting my serial number (14 digits) saying it is invalid and thus I am unable to manually update the go pro.

Help!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @megabluff56267,

The issue with serial numbers may be related to the autofill function that browsers have to save past information when putting it in information. If at some point the information was entered incorrectly by accident then the browser will not let you put in the correct serial number, because it is overriding the correct info that you are putting in.

What I would suggest is try to use a "Private Window" or "Incognito Window." Make sure to clear your history, cookies, and cache in the settings of your browser, then try again. Make sure that when you put that information in it starts with C313 and is 14 digits long. Also make sure you are on the HERO4 Update as the update page will default to HERO5.

Best,

Ryan