Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Incorrect video creation date

Hi. I have just deleted the Quik program from my desktop computer and downloaded the new version. My computer is Windows 7 and the new version says that it won’t install in a Win 7 computer. It needs a newer version. Just to let you know.

On googling the problem, it appears it needs Windows 10 at least. Not sure about Windows 8.

There are a couple of articles on the web that mention other free and paid programs to use. It does mention that the app will work better on iPads etc.

Yet to try. I’ll try my win8 laptop for the new version of Quik and report further. Cheers.
Highlighted
Tourist

Quik installed ok on my laptop, which is a Windows 10(upgraded from OEM Win 8).
Highlighted
Tourist

Guys don’t get scammed. The problem is not from our end. I had ended up even restoring my phone to the factory defaults.

It is definitely in the way the gopro records the timestamp on the file.

Take the cheapest chinese gopro imitation. It will work fine.

But the original GoPro? Nah....
Highlighted
Sightseer

I just uninstalled the app from my phone. I wasn't having issues on desktop version. Only when I imported into iOS was it showing the incorrect date stamp. Hopefully it works for some of you as well. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I just started having this problem with my old Hero 3 White. 

At first I thought the battery had drained or been pulled, which can cause the date to reset back to 2014. 

Actually, though, I think that the date being saved incorrectly on the device is related to a new SD card I just purchased. This is a larger card, so perhaps it's not compatible with this camera?

When I use this new card, the files are a few hours off when I transfer them from the camera to my computer (I usually take the SD card out and use a card reader because it's way faster -- haven't tried transferring directly from the camera yet via USB).

The date is displayed correctly on the device's display when I manually go look at it -- I had just set it from my phone's GoPro app... so that's not the problem.

When I use my old SD card and make a new video, it stores the new file with the correct date.

Highlighted
Tourist

Even if it is the sd card, even if it is the desktop version ok, the fact that there is a problem with the timestamp exists.
It never works with the mobile correct anyway.
I can’t understand GoPro. Why they don’t even care about it?
Highlighted
Tourist

I also had the same issue with the date being reset when using the OSX Image Capture app.

I don’t understand why we’re forced to use the clunky Quik app when before it was as simple as dragging video files to wherever I need them and organising them by capture date and time in my own folder structure.

When I’m on the road I want to be able to use the files in different video editing software directly from my MacBook hard drive. Being able to get the files directly off the camera with the correct capture date is a must.

GoPro files are HUGE so when I get home I want to be able to transfer those files to external hard drives for backup.

Being forced to go through a terrible that doesn’t really do anything is frustrating and pointless.

GoPro, at least give us the option of being able to get the files off the camera manually like we were able to do quite easily before and do what we want with our own footage.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Maybe that's why they are breaking... 😕... still the same issue with some files (not all of them, about 10% with data taken one day after, in the middle of the session). Hero 5 Black updated.