Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

In 360 mode, I can edit tothe person of choice, but will their face be distorted in wide angle?

I am a content provider making movies for YouTube. 

#1 - Can I use the Max in a mode like Hero 8/

#2 - Can I have one lens in wide and one lens in linear model at the same time?

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: In 360 mode, I can edit tothe person of choice, but will their face be distorted in wide angle?

#1 - Can I use the Max in a mode like Hero 8/

The GoPro Max has a "Hero" mode which will shoot a traditional 1080P video using a single lens.

#2 - Can I have one lens in wide and one lens in linear model at the same time?

No, the two lenses are using to capture 360 video that is stitched together.  Having both camera lenses active in different configurations would make the image impossible to stitch.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: In 360 mode, I can edit tothe person of choice, but will their face be distorted in wide angle?

when I edit in 360 to view a specific person, will their face be distorted with the wide angle, or can I fix the look in the edit?

Highlighted
Nomad

That will depend on many things, such as how close you will be to the person when filming.  Also what you will be editing in, for instance the GoPro FX reframe pluggin for Premier Pro allows you to correct lens distortion within the program.

Filming within a foot of a persons face could lend some distortion, but then again, this is true of any camera.  I would check out some footage on YouTube so you can see what people look like when filming themselves with the GoPro Hero Max.  Video footage will be better than Photo's and with photo's, usually people intentionally distort their surroundings for more artistic reasons.