Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Importing files into GoPro App WITHOUT camera

Hello all,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me with a question.

I want to use an external editor to reframe my videos but this person does not have a GoPro camera. Is there a way that another person can import my .360 video files into the GoPro app without owning a camera?

This would be such a massive help for me so if anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Importing files into GoPro App WITHOUT camera

This might work:

You import the 360 files to the GoPro App and upload them from the App to the Cloud, which requires subscription to GoPro Plus. Once uploaded to the gopro cloud, you can view the cloud files on your iphone or iPad on which you have the GoPro App, as well as on gopro.com on any pc. 

Give the other person your GoPro sign-in credentials, and they can login to your account on gopro.com, and they can download your media from gopro.com Cloud files to the GoPro App that they had previously installed on their phone or iPad (also requires your sign-in credentials).  As I only use iOS, I don't know if gopro.com downloads work the same way  to an Android device as they do to Apple devices. If you are ok with them using your gopro credentials, this should work. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Importing files into GoPro App WITHOUT camera

That's a great idea, thank you!

GoPro should give you a commission. I am going to sign up with the cloud storage now. Smiley Very Happy