Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Importing Media/Disappearing Footage

My GoPro Hero 6 Black will not download media onto my MacBook Air for some reason. It has before so I'm not sure why it isn't working anymore. Also, I took a lot of photos and videos while away on vacation and only some of them are showing up in media on my GoPro App on my iPhone. Would they still be on my SD card and I just can't see them? I really hope I didn't lose those memories. If anyone can help me, please let me know!

GoPro

Re: Importing Media/Disappearing Footage

Hi @royalpike73,

Thanks for reaching out. Are you still able to view your photos and videos in the camera?

Browse through the GoPro App's media list and see if the recent media files are just dated incorrectly. If so, is your GoPro camera's date setup correctly?

In the GoPro App's media tab, tap on the arrows icon at the top-left corner of the screen and select to sort the files by "Download Date." Are you able to see the contents you've recently downloaded?

Kind Regards,
Ann

Sightseer

Ann,

Yes I can see the pictures and videos on my camera. The ones I can see on the GoPro App are also dated correctly. Is there another way I can transfer them onto my iPhone or MacBook Air? I tried using my charging cord to download them onto my laptop but it didn't work. Please let me know if you have any information. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Victoria

GoPro

Hi @royalpike73

You may import your files manually, using an SD card reader.

See information on How to Import Camera Files to a Computer - Mac

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej